Published on Dec 15, 2023
Today I listened to a podcast episode that covered Bill Walsh and his book “The Score Takes Care Of Itself”
To further cement my learnings, I collected the below 9 quotes.
Just sharing with you for inspiration:
- “The ability to help the people around me self-actualize their goals underlines the single aspect of my abilities and the label that I value most — teacher.”
- “I directed our focus less to the prize of victory than to the process of improving — obsessing, perhaps, about the quality of our execution and the content of our thinking; that is, our actions and attitude. I knew if I did that, winning would take care of itself.”
- “Winners act like winners before they’re winners…The culture precedes positive results. It doesn’t get tacked on as an afterthought on your way to the victory stand. Champions behave like champions before they’re champions; they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners.”
- “Few things offer greater return on less investment than praise — offering credit to someone in your organization who has stepped up and done the job.”
- “Be clear in your own mind as to what you stand for. And then stand up for it.”
- “For members of your team, you determine what their inner voice says. The leader, at least a good one, teaches the team how to talk to themselves. An effective leader has a profound influence on what that inner voice will say.”
- “Discipline must be a habit so ingrained that it is stronger than the excitement of battle or the fear of death.”
- “Mastery requires endless remastery. In fact, I don’t believe there is ever true mastery. It is a process, not a destination.
- “The four most powerful words are: I believe in you.”
What’s your favorite quote?